Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Reviews


I remember reading from one author that one should not take reviews as personal. This author said one should read reviews and try to learn something from the reviews.  Rejoice in the good reviews and try to learn something from the critical ones.
     For the most part, I have received positive comments from people who have read The Goblet but there are negative comments.  I have been very upfront with everyone in saying that The Goblet is a Christian based fiction so when someone tells me that they didn't like the book because of the religious tone, I roll my eyes.
     The Goblet has a lot of my personal experiences in it.  It was a very difficult book to write because of how personal it is to me.  I am also not a verbose writer or speaker.  I get to the point and there you go.  Although, some people commented that they wanted to know more about the characters in the story.  At times, I thought I was saying too much about Sarah. Well, it is a learning process.
     I have joined a writer's group.  However, I have not had a chance to join in any meetings.  I do want to learn how to improve my writing.  My second novel is done but it can always use improvements. I am currently working on the third novel.  Being a writer is lonely.  One sits in a room somewhere and just gets every thought one can down on paper.  Ooops, sorry.  Get it into your computer.  Or whatever the proper terminology is.
     Right now I am consumed with marketing.  Trying to get my name and the name of my book out there.  At times I am depressed and discouraged.  So many authors and so many books out there.  How will anyone notice my book?
     I have not spent a lot of time writing.  But then I procrastinate with it.  I must get into a routine and just write.  As well, I want to learn how to improve my writing.
     Am I overanalyzing?  Perhaps. Perhaps I just need to keep writing and let my editors keep guiding me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment