Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Keep Writing

I think the most difficult part is to keep writing every day.  Some times I just don't want to write.  I get a really good idea brewing in my head but I don't follow through by putting it down on paper.  Or my mind wanders into unknown spaces.  I can come up with a lot of excuses why not to do something.
  Or I'll think that I need to work it through some more in my mind.  Half the time, I'll work it out in my head and then by the time I really do sit down to write it out, I will have forgotten some of the really good lines I had thought up.
  Setting up a schedule or a work time to sit down and write does not always work for me.  When I am sitting at the computer, I need to really focus and decide to get my stories down.  Poetry is a lot easier to handle.  When I have an idea or emotions for a poem, I can sit down and get it out within 5 or 10 minutes. 
  It isn't that easy when you are working on a book.  Other times, I will be afraid and wonder, is this all making sense?  Is this the way it should go?  Or I'll just feel uncomfortable about what I am writing.  Usually it will work itself out in the end.  But you need to stick to some sort of schedule and just keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment