Monday, January 6, 2014

Marketing So Far

     Here I am 9 months after The Goblet was released in January.  I feel like I  am spinning.  I have been reading all the marketing advice for authors and  I almost feel like I am out of control.
     I finally decided last week  that I need to focus on my writing.  I also need to cut back on all the  social media sites I have signed up to.  I will stay with 3 and I will try  to become more active with 2 of the writer's groups I am currently enrolled  in.  Then this morning I received an email from a marketing person who advised exactly what I had decided to do.  I can finally breath again.
     Marketing The Goblet has been time consuming and stressful.  I did do two arts festivals through the summer months and I did greatly enjoy them.  I will attend festivals again next year but I will be very cautious about which ones I attend.  I also did four book signings.  Not very successful.
     Words of advice for marketing your books?  From what I have  read and researched?  Have a good website.  Join social media websites. But don't join every social media website out there just because  someone says it's a great site.  Join sites that relate to you and what you are writing about.  Write blogs.  But also post comments on blogs.  Write on blogs that will connect with your writing. When you criticize, do so with tactfulness and respect.
     Join one or two writer's organizations that are  related to your writing. I have joined the American Christian Fiction Writer's association.  I have not yet had a chance to meet up with other members but hope to do so in the next few weeks.
     Other than that?  Keep writing.  Write whatever speaks to you.  And keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment