Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Join a Writer's Group

  I have been told to join a writer's group.  I did join Christian Writers.com but I have not been very good about checking in, previously or lately.  Just been so busy reading and writing.
  I have looked for a writer's group in Greensboro and have found the Writer's Group of Triad.  I joined a sub group called the Eclectic Fiction Writers.  We meet once a month and I am enjoying the group.  I had heard negatives and positives about joining a writers group but so far, so good.  I suppose, it is all in what one makes of it.
  The first time I attended the monthly meeting, I was very uncomfortable about writing a short story on the spot about a scenario.  But once I thought about it, I wrote.  It felt good to do it.  The second meeting, we were given a picture and asked to write a short story about the picture.  I was amazed with how a story slammed into my head and I wrote it.  It felt great to be able to know that I could write something once I was challenged to do it.  I actually submitted that short story to a contest.  I have no idea how that will work out, but if you don't try - you'll never know.
  Which is what pushed me to submit my novel to a publishing company in November of 2011.  I did not want to come to the end of my life wondering if it ever would have happened.  Now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment