Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Read and Then Go Ahead and Read Some More

  •  I think right about now, I am ready to explode or burst or something.  I have been reading and reading and reading and researching.  I have been getting a number of emails from the publishing company and I have been reading and researching everything I can.  But I admit, I am feeling overloaded and overwhelmed to the point where my head feels like it will burst.
      I can't believe my novel is going to be published.  Every time I think about it, tears spring to my eyes.  How long have I waited for this to happen?  And I want to do it right.  I have been researching and reading how other authors have handled their marketing of their books.  The do's and the don'ts.  Actually, Tate Publishing, the company that will be publishing my novel, has sent very informative emails about the whole process.  A number of authors have made a number of very good recommendations.
      But all this reading, feels like information overload and I am ready to explode or burst.  I feel like I'm at the top of the mountain, on the very edge, ready to topple over.  But, when you want something enough, you are committed to doing the very best you can.  And prayer helps as well.  Darn!  I felt that slap upside the back of my head again.  That's God's way of telling me He needs me to listen and/or pause to be quiet.  I told Him I'm blonde and will need more than just subtle signs from Him.  So I guess I deserve the slap upside the back of my head every once in a while.  And I can feel Him smiling about it too.  Or was that a belly laugh??
      So the third piece of advice is read.  Find anything and everything you can about the wonderful world of writing and read it.  Also, read for entertainment, enjoyment and knowledge.  Read until your eyeballs and brain bursts.
      Did I mention??  My novel will be published soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment