Friday, July 4, 2014

Editing

     I have told everyone I am working on my second novel. The editing part of it. It was written years ago and I am now editing again. I am trying to work on the third novel. Both of them have no titles yet. The second one I titled An Awakening. But I am not so happy with that title.
     I really like this second novel. I like the story line. I like the characters and I am trying to use all the tools I learned from the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writer's Workshop. But I keep hesitating to go back and edit it. There are a couple of things I need to change but for the most part, I hesitate.
     How does one know when enough editing is enough? I have taken this manuscript to a number of other writer's workshops. I have had this manuscript edited by different writers. I had first pegged it as a general fiction thriller. Now I have shifted it to Christian fiction thriller. The characters have not changed and the story line has not changed. Just the ending has changed. Also, I am involving Christian faith more heavily in my story line. In the end, it is their Christian faith that helps this family get through a horrific time.
     I still hesitate in the editing part of this second novel. Another title I am thinking of, is using the word Innocence in the title. But I procrastinate and hesitate. Since I am now going to go the self publishing route, I will need to find a good editor. I can also make all kinds of excuses about editing.
     Seriously, though. When does one know that enough is enough? I am plugging away one more time at this novel. Then I will look for a good editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment